As of recently, remote working has become the new norm for many of us. Remote working has many benefits, for example, employees can improve their productivity and collaboration skills and it reduces time and money spent commuting, all while working from the comfort of your desired location.
Tips for Remote Working
There can be some challenges when it comes to remote working, with the main one being managing home and work life. The key to remote working and focusing on the business is to stay productive and minimize distractions. Below are some tips to help you when remote working:
- Set up a designated work area: By creating an area which is specifically for working, it will help you to separate work and home life.
- Write a to-do list: As soon as you start your day, it is good to write down a to-do list with all the things you need to get done. It is important to make sure each task is specific and focused.
- Set your SMART Goals: When in a remote work environment, it is beneficial to set goals to help you achieve the outcomes you desire. SMART goals help you to develop your goals to make sure you thrive.
Guidance for Managers to Successfully Lead Remote Teams
Additionally, as a manager, it is essential to effectively manage your team when remote working, this is to make sure everyone is on the same page and knows their tasks. Here is some guidance for managers to successfully lead remote teams:
- Have a daily check-in: By calling your team you can know their progress and it will allow for a two-way conversation so you can both ask any questions and/or concerns. Make sure you regularly communicate and engage with your team, as this will help to develop efficient teams and build trust.
- Set expectations: Help your team to make sure they know what tasks they need to get done and create realistic expectations. This involves defining the scope, deadlines and deliverables for each task or project
- Use technology tools: By using tools such as Microsoft Teams and Slack, it can provide you and your team the opportunity to collaborate and communicate effectively. If you are interested in setting up remote working services for your company, please reach out to us and we will be happy to help!
Microsoft Teams is an application for teamwork which allows you to chat, have meetings and video conferencing, calling and content collaboration through the use of Microsoft 365 applications. It is integrated with OneDrive, Outlook, Office and more apps which allow you to share files from within Teams and also create links to provide access to anyone including people within your organization.